Each year we set our whole school priorities for the year ahead. We write a school improvement plan that identifies each of these priorities and includes a series of actions and timescales. All staff and governors are involved in this at the beginning of the school year. Our school council have also contributed their ideas in the past , however due to Covid lockdown this has been harder this year.
2021 / 2022 Priorities in our School Improvement Plan
1. To narrow the widening achievement and progress gap between disadvantaged and non disadvantaged children and families, following and throughout the pandemic.
2. To embed the understanding of cognitive science and learning practices to impact on quality first teaching across the whole school.
3. To review our teaching of cultural capital, PSHE, RSE and British Values across the school in order to consolidate, ensure consistency and enhance learning behaviours.
4. To enrich the teaching of writing and ensure consistency of practice is evident across the school.
5. To ensure the wellbeing and safety of children and staff is paramount during the pandemic and the impact of the pandemic is limited.