We are Rabbits class. We are a nursery class, and our Nursery Lead is Mrs Bollington.
Our Outdoor Learning session will be on a Wednesday. Please send your child in in their normal uniform, but ensure they have wellies in school for this session.
I would like to welcome all our lovely parents and children to Rabbits Class, and express what a privilege it will be to teach and nurture your children in nursery this school year.
During your child's time in nursery, they will learn, develop and acquire new skills and knowledge through play and active learning in a stimulating and enabling environment, delivering the E.Y.F.S frame work.
What is the Early Years Foundation Stage?
The Early Years Foundation Stage (E.Y.F.S) is an assessment profile for children from birth to the end of the reception year.
This is a very important stage as it prepares your child for their future learning and successes.
The E.Y.F.S consists of 7 areas of learning and development.
3 prime areas:
1. Communication and language
2. Physical development
3. Personal, Social and emotional development
4 Specific areas:
3. Understanding of the world
4. Expressive arts and design
Children mostly develop the prime areas first, which then help them to develop skills in the specific areas.
The E.Y.F.S profile also encompasses 3 characteristics of effective learning, these are:
* Playing and exploring
* Active learning
* Creative and thinking critically
These three characteristics play an important part in your child's ability to learn.
Our First Week In Nursery
Rabbits Class - Daily Routine
* 9.00am - Registration
- Days of the week
- Funky Fingers (activities that builds upper body strength and finger/hand strength and control
* 9.20am - Phonics
* 9.35am - Continuous provision and adult led activities
* 10.30am - Snack time and story
* 10.45am - Continuous provision and observations
* 11.20am - Music and Movement
* 11.30am - Guided reading
* 11.40am - Show and tell/mat and chat
* 11.50am - Home time